Ceiling Designs | Interior Design Grapevine
From Ordinary to Exceptional
Often overlooked, the ceiling provides the opportunity to enhance your home, increase its value, and transform your space with custom interior design in Grapevine. There are a wide variety of ceiling designs. The ideal selection for your home depends on the individual characteristics of the room and available space. From tray ceiling to beam ceiling, cove ceiling to custom ceilings, beautiful ceiling options will add architectural interest, and give an ordinary room an exceptional element of style.
Dramatic Ceiling Design
A tray ceiling, also called a recessed ceiling, features a center section that is higher than the outer ceiling areas around the perimeter of the room. The trim of a tray ceiling can be painted to create a focal point. Hidden lighting is often featured in this design and, when operated by a dimmer, can add soft mood lighting.
The creation of custom-designed ceilings offer the opportunity to alter the visual impression a room makes in a grand fashion and may be installed in existing homes. When you plan to remodel or update the interior, ceiling design can be included with your interior design in Grapevine.
Tray ceilings work best in large rooms with high ceilings. If your ceiling is at least ten to twelve feet high, you may be able to install a double tray ceiling for a stunning architectural focal point overhead. When crown molding is added, sophisticated drama is created for a high-end appearance. For a modern, minimalistic effect, eliminate the trim from the design, and create a focal point with lighting, either along the perimeter or with a hanging fixture.
While low ceilings can cause a room to feel boxed in, a high ceiling may overwhelm a room. Our professional designers offer the vision and the skills to solve problems with your home's interior design in Grapevine. The following solutions are a few examples of how careful planning can create the illusion of greater height when low ceilings are a problem:
- Uplighting can create the illusion of greater height.
- Low profile furniture increases the space between the ceiling and the floor, creating the sense of greater space.
- Glass walls and floor to ceiling windows add natural light, and the sense of increased space, while providing a view of the outdoors.
- Painting the ceiling a lighter shade than the walls creates the illusion of a large and bright space. In addition, painting the ceiling the same light shade as a wall also tricks the eyes by blurring the line between ceiling and floor.
- Hang long drapes as close to the ceiling as possible, creating the illusion of greater height.
- A cluttered room makes it feel smaller. Use only the furniture needed to make the room functional, and go for the minimalist effect. The room will seem more spacious above and below.
- Don't use ceiling fans or hanging lights such as pendants and chandeliers. Flush mount lighting will keep the space between ceiling and floor open.
- Keep small, confined rooms with low ceilings light and bright.
Looking for a unique ceiling? The latest pop false ceiling design offers limitless possibilities for a ceiling that is over the top and adaptable from contemporary to ultra-modern. This design provides the opportunity for the ceiling to become a truly artistic expression of yourself and home.
Contact Designs by K today to schedule custom interior design in Grapevine. We offer a full range of professional interior design in Grapevine, Southlake, Keller, Westlake, and the surrounding areas. From selecting colors for a room, to a home personalized just for you, Designs by K will ensure your home reflects your style and your goals. Our talented and nationally recognized professional designers strive to fulfill your dreams and to exceed your expectations.